make module for Python?

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Tue May 8 07:59:32 EDT 2001

At 13:13 08/05/01 +0200, Harald Kirsch wrote:
>A year or two ago there was even a contest where people were asked to
>develop a python based build environment. One of the tasks was a make
>replacement. I would be interested what resulted from that.

Check at http://software-carpentry.codesourcery.com/. The contest is going
on. From their home page:

"""
Design Competition

The first stage of the Software Carpentry project was a design competition,
with $100,000 in prizes for entries in four categories:

- SC Config: a platform investigation and project reconfiguration tool to
supersede autoconf;
- SC Build: a dependency management and program reconstruction tool to to
supersede make;
- SC Test: a testing framework to replace tools such as XUnit, Expect, and
DejaGnu; and
- SC Track: an issue tracking system to supersede gnats and bugzilla.

The winners in the first three categories have been selected, and
implementation is getting under way. Competition has also now re-started in
the SC Test category. All first round and second round entries are
available at our web site.
"""

Carlos Ribeiro