Messaging in Py?

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Sun May 20 11:28:27 EDT 2001

kendall at monkeyfist.com (Kendall Clark) wrote in message news:<aa03c0d9.0105192116.3dc1cd5b at posting.google.com>...
> Pythoneers,
>
> Anyone implement any "messaging" services in Python yet?
>
> I've been reading about JMS, which I don't want to use, it being
> Java, after all. But point-to-point and publish/subscribe messaging
> in Python is very intriguing.

Excuse the followup to self, but I seem to have been imprecise:

I don't mean messaging as in 'instant messaging' but 'messaging'
as in message-oriented middleware and Tibco, Talarian, BEA, IBM,
etc. -- i.e., client-server frameworks for (a)synchronous messaging
in Python.

This seems to be a hot Java area now, so on Java-envy alone some
Pythoneers should be working on something; to say nothing of the
fact that it's generally a very clever, useful, c/s paradigm.

Hope that helps clarify my original question.

Kendall Clark