Class/type unification and reference to unbound methods

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sun May 13 11:00:02 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.989574504.17088.python-list at python.org>,
Christian Tanzer  <tanzer at tttech.com> wrote:

>I sometimes refer to superclasses' methods in the class body as in:
>
>   class A:
>     def spam(self):
>
>   class B(A):
>     def spam(self):
>
>   class C(A):
>     def spam(self):
>
>   class D(B, C):
>     spam = C.spam
>
>This is akin to feature renaming as supported by Eiffel and comes in
>handy when one class is found in the inheritance chain repeatedly.
>Such renaming also is useful with extensive use of mixins.

FYI, this has been part of the python-dev discussion.  I shan't say more
than that because I don't understand it.  ;-)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I am not a helpless chained naked virgin who is going to be eaten by the
dragon; I am a sexually mature feline-type-dragon who has chosen to live
with the dragon."  --SJM