Zope and Python 2.1

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Sun May 20 15:05:50 EDT 2001

"Andrew Kuchling" <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote in message
news:3d4ruhumll.fsf at dust.cnri.reston.va.us...
> "Magnus Lie Hetland" <mlh at idi.ntnu.no> writes:
> > That's good for you, I guess -- but I need an object database
> > (and not a web publishing solution), and ZODB seems to be
> > an excellent choice, except for that it doesn't work properly
> > with Python 2.1 yet.
>
> It doesn't?  We've been using the ZODB/ZEO with Python 2.1 for a week
> or two now, and haven't noticed any problems.  What problems are you
> having?

Sorry about that -- it seems I've been making the problems myself.
I tried to use a binary for Solaris, and that didn't have the same
C API. When I tried to compile one from sources, it didn't work.
I later discovered that this was because I had fouled up my
Python 2.1 installation... :)

Haven't tried since, but other packages with similar compilation
problems now work, so I assume that ZODB will also.

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick