PEP 234: Iterators

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 1 13:30:56 EDT 2001

"Rainer Deyke" <root at rainerdeyke.com> writes:

> "Michael Hudson" <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
> news:m3d79t9j62.fsf at atrus.jesus.cam.ac.uk...
> > Toby Dickenson <tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk> writes:
> >
> > > What happens if you do violate this? I assume that damage is limited
> > > to seing elements twice, or skipping some elements and not seeing them
> > > at all.
> >
> > You (probably) get an exception.
>
> It would be nice if this could be made reliable.

Tricky, that.  It could be made somewhat more reliable, but I think
making it totally certain would have prohibitive drawbacks,
particularly as stuff like:

for i in d:
    d[i] += 1

*is* supported.

Cheers,
M.

--
  You sound surprised.  We're talking about a government department
  here - they have procedures, not intelligence.