How to install pygame on Windows

Pete Shinners shredwheat at mediaone.net
Mon May 28 13:12:58 EDT 2001

"Steve" <SCook at pobox.com> wrote
> I have python 2.1 and the latest numeric python installed.  I downloaded
> pygame-1.0-win32.exe but all this does in install some files in a directory.

heya steve. easy solution here for the most part.
the pygame package that you downloaded was released before python2.1
i've never really made a full precompiled installation for python2.1
but i did put a small one together with distutils.

grab this installer here (560k)
http://www.pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.0.win32-py2.1.exe
it does not come with docs or tutorials, just the precompiled pygame
extensions (and dependencies). the docs/tutorials are the exact same
as the ones you downloaded with the other package, or found in the
source archive.

sometime soon a new full version will be ready, and i'll be sure to
get it all setup for the different python versions, for now it is
kinda a pain.