Design-by-Committee

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Tue May 1 21:03:46 EDT 2001

David wrote:

> One of my worries is that Python seems to have gone from a benign
> dictatorship development model, to a design-by-committee model.

Python is not designed by a committee. Python is designed by a dictator
with input from many other individuals. The only difference recently
versus in the past is that individuals have a formal way for providing
input in a manner that will be remembered by the dictator when he gets
around to having time to consider their input.

Python *is* implemented by a designated group of people whereas there
was a time when only Guido touched the code. But nobody adds anything
that Guido doesn't want.

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.