Python and Autoconf

Lars von Wedel vonWedel at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 23 02:46:48 EDT 2001

Hi,

Now, that's extremely useful. I'll give it a try during the next few
days.

Lars

> Anyway, hopefully someone finds these macros useful... I will
> (eventually) have them added to the autoconf repository.
Or to the Python distribution?

> (for the uninitiated, you have to add these macros to a file called
> aclocal.m4 in the same directory as your configure.in script in order to
> use them in your configure.in)
Off-topic, but: can I add several .m4 files in a config subdirectory?

A further idea might be to check the Python interpreter version and/or
to ensure some minimum version. Such as

  AC_PY_VERSION(2.0)

Lars