Embedding SSL in Python

Dick Norton dln at jump.net
Wed May 16 19:32:45 EDT 2001

Hello,

Has anyone had any success building POST for https by linking
something like cURL and OpenSSL with Python?  I need to make
ssl POSTs under w2000 and I don't mind embedding Python (all
but the ssl POST is python and I'm not keen to change that).

Alternatively is there a good 2.1 means of doing this?
Is m2Crypto the right thing?

At present I'm doing a gross hack with cURL being invoked from
python - system("...") like stuff.  This could be fixed if I had
a working makefile (perl woes) for the openssl ...6a for VC6 or
the ssl, libeay and RSAGlue  .lib files built for VC6.  Anyone have
pointers to binary openssl that includes .h files and those .libs?

Thanks
Dick Norton