Looking for help in updating an old python program

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.nospamnet
Fri May 25 03:54:47 EDT 2001

Ok... enjoy the laugh, but I am serious!

I'm looking for anyone who is running poo.

Ok, stop laughing!

Poo is a Moo (please stop laughing!) which is called a game, but is
somewhat more like a cross between the old dungeons and dragons/Adventure
game and a multi-user chat sort of thing vaguely similar to irc.

This program does not seem to have been udated since 1.5 circa 1999, and
i'm having a slight bit of trouble with getting it up to 2.1. I do have
(most of) it running, but there are a few holes yet.

For those who would be one with poo, or at least to get to know poo (stop
laughing!) you can get info and sources @
http://www.strout.net/python/poo/

My problem is somewhat vague. I've managed to get it to use re instead of
regex and removed the looping import statement, but some of the commands
don't work, so i'm guessing it might still have some re problems.

I'll gladly bundle up the source that I have if no one else had brought
it even this far towards running on Python 2.1. Ideally though, there are
other poo afficiandos out there who have made more progress. Lacking
that, if Joe Strout is reading this or if anyone knows Mr. Strout and can
bring this post to his attention i'd be greatful

Please, no scatalogical comments (stop laughing!)

:-)

not-into-scat'ly-yours...

Dave LeBlanc