Python is also a Lisp compiler name?

Greg Ewing see at my.signature
Thu May 17 00:24:56 EDT 2001

Tim Peters wrote:

> Reads more like an appllication for a web site trademark

So what does this mean? They want a monopoly on web
sites about Python whose name gives you any clue
what the site is about?

Quick, everyone make a web page with "python" in
the URL somewhere. Then they'll have to either
bankrupt themselves sueing us all, or give up
the trademark. I'll start:

  http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/

I'll let you know when the first nasty letter
from CNRI's lawyers arrives...

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg