do...until wisdom needed...

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue May 8 12:18:00 EDT 2001

>Alternative hypotheses might be entertained.  Maybe
>Scheme isn't as widely used in teaching as all that --
>what % of first CS courses use it?  Maybe Scheme can
>be perfectly suited to teaching and exploration but
>not as useful for production use -- the way a richer
>but more complicated tool such as Common Lisp might
>be -- and perhaps

The one missing alternative hypothesis is the most
mundane of them, and the one that perhaps will stick
in the advocates craw more than the others:

Perhaps the majority of most of those who've tried
Scheme (or Lisp) simply don't like it.

"I don't like this, therefore I'm not going to use it," while
distressing to some ("but, but, but... it's better, I tell you!"),
is a fairly ironclad position.

C//