bracing for a firestorm

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon May 21 22:46:54 EDT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001 22:35:15 GMT, Terry Reedy <reedy37 at home.com> wrote:
>>    Can anyone tell me what would be involved in creating a version of
>> Python that used {braces} as its indent/dedent delimiters? What
>> modules would have to be changed?
>
>You can use #{ and #} today without changing anything.

I'd much rather there were tuple delimiters.  The whole
comma-is-sometimes-a-tuple-constructor thing doesn't trip me up
as much as it used to, but it still bothers the purist in me. I
know, there are other things in Python that probably ought to
bother me more, but they don't.

It's a good sign when your major complaint about a language is
so trivial.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  JAPAN is a WONDERFUL
                                  at               planet -- I wonder if we'll