Language comparisons

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Tue May 8 12:45:12 EDT 2001

Gerrit Muller wrote:

> Very interesting site benchmarking many different languages w.r.t.
> performance, memory usage and program size. Highly recommended
>
> http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/

Yes, and we could sniff most of the competitors in the matrix multiplication
benchmark if NumPy were in the standard distribution. I rewrote the matrix mult.
part with NumPy, but it seems as if only those solutions will be accepted that
are not based on external libraries.

Gerhard

--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage