What can you do in LISP that you can't do in Python

Greg Ewing see at my.signature
Wed May 16 23:59:59 EDT 2001

Thomas Bellman wrote:

> I was talking about parsing the code
> in order to be able to modify it.  You don't get that for free
> just because you have the code in a string and the 'execute'
> procedure takes a string as its argument.

But Tcl code is represented as lists using the
standard Tcl conventions for representing lists
as strings, and Tcl has functions for manipulating
such lists. So, in principle anyway, it ought to
be about as easy for Tcl to modify Tcl code as
for Lisp to modify Lisp code.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg