building python2-2.1-4.src.rpm on mdk7.2 fails

JimB417 jimb417 at aol.com
Thu May 24 00:25:56 EDT 2001

s713221 at student.gu wrote:

>One thing that I have noticed is that the man pages are compressed to
>tar.bz2 format on Mandrake, when the spec files are expecting tar.gz.
>Are you getting lots of "cannot find files" in the install/package
>stages?
>
>Joal Heagney/AncientHart
>
>PS: If you want a built RPM on Mandrake 7.2, send me an email and I'll
>get it to you.

No, the main problem I'm having is dependency files. I downloaded the binary
for 2.1 from the Python site today but when
I tried installing, it indicated it needed a certain file ( I can't recall the
name ). I am
new at Linux. Am I using the wrong distro
for this? I don't have Mandrake ( thinking of trying it next and tossing SuSE )
but thanks for the offer of the built RPM for
Mandrake.

Jim