Jython comments; Jython applets

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 20:10:08 EDT 2001

Thanks to D Man and Alex Martelli, I got my scripts compiled and then
got them to be recognized when called as applets in an HTML page. (Alex,
you were right, I needed a more recent JVM in order to recognize the
jython applets.. Thanks).

I now get error messages that my classes are not recognized. I will
study my java code to see if I misnamed the main class in my applet
tags. Anyway, I begin to see the wisdom that jython will probably not
let me overcome the problem of getting universal ability for all comers
to run my scripts online; there are too man issues ;-)) Still , it is a
fun exercise and jython is an interesting and relatively easy to use
tool !!!

As far as finding the write-once, run-anywhere online applet tool that
is as easy to program as Python,  the quest continues. Perhaps it is the
holy grail, and I am the armless and soon to be legless knight being
chopped up by Arthur, but if so, come on and get me, I'm not finished

Ron Stephens