sniffer

Remco Gerlich scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl
Mon May 14 19:02:35 EDT 2001

Baton <kbaton at poczta.fm> wrote in comp.lang.python:
> I'm going to write a simple siffer (that sniffs only IP headers - source IP.
> dest IP, protocol) and I'm looking for some docs or howtos about network
> programming in Python.
>
> If someone wrote any application similary that I plan, please sen it me or
> write back where to read about writting network scripts in Python

You may want to read the Raw IP Networking FAQ -
http://www.whitefang.com/rin/ . It refers to a C library and Python bindings
for it called "py-libpap".

There's quite a lot you need to learn, I think. This isn't all that simple.
Which is good, otherwise we'd get all kinds of random script kiddies messing
around with sniffers and raw sockets :)

HTH.
--
Remco Gerlich