Range Operation pre-PEP

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Thu May 10 15:31:15 EDT 2001

Joshua Marshall <jmarshal at mathworks.com> writes:

> Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com> wrote:
>
> > A list contains a variable number of homogeneous values, e.g. the
> > lines of a file.
>
> Homogeneousness isn't required, though I'd expect it's how they're
> often used.

I did not, of course, mean that the values must have the same concrete
type.  What I meant was that lists are normally used in a way that
allows each position in a given list to hold a value from the same set
of types/classes; there are no special rules for particular positions
in the list.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.