os independent temp dir?

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Wed May 9 13:40:18 EDT 2001

ransen_spam_me_not at nemo.it (Owen F. Ransen) writes:

> On Tue, 08 May 2001 11:33:47 -0700, "Julio F. Schwarzbeck"
> <jflores at codeit.com> wrote:
>
> >import tempfile
> >tmpDir = tempfile.tempdir
> >
> >If TMPDIR os environment var is not set, None is return, works in Linux &
> >Win afaik.
>
> I had already tried that, and on my Windows machine
> returns None. I was hoping for something like
> C:\Windows\Temp , which does exist on my machine.
>
> I will need it for the Mac too... :(

On Windows, the TEMP variable is normally set to point to a temporary
files directory.

On the Mac it appears you should store files in the "Temporary Items"
folder of the boot volume (don't ask me how you find the boot volume).

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.