Python Templates

Tom Verbeure tverbeure at globespan.net
Mon May 28 00:05:22 EDT 2001

Hi All,

I have been programming for quite some time in Perl and want to switch to
Python. For my first application, I need a library that handles free form
text templates (=not HTML-only) with embedded Python code, basically like
PHP.
On the "Vault of Parnassus" (is this considered to be the main reference for
Python libraries?), I found to package that more or less seem to do what I
want: PTLM and "Python Hypertext Processor". The first seems to be
unmaintained for that last year, the latter oriented to mod_python.

Do any of you guys have experiences with those two? Are there other packages
that I should consider?

Second question:
I read that for CML, the Linux kernel configuration program, switching from
Python 1.4 to Python 2.0 reduced the number of lines of code considerably.
Why is this?

Thanks,
Tom