table widget?

Robert Kern kern at myrddin.caltech.edu
Thu May 24 21:49:48 EDT 2001

In article <3b0d7a15.2467433 at 24.0.228.33>,
	support @ internetdiscovery.com (Mike Clarkson) writes:
> On Wed, 23 May 2001 21:56:42 GMT, Stijn Gunst
> <stijn.gunst at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
>
>>hi
>>
>>i can't find a tablewidget for Python (not even in the Pmw megawidget
>>module)
>>how should i visually represent sql-data with those modules? a array of
>>editboxes seems a bit cumbersome
>
> There is a good table widget for Tk called TkTable.
>
> You could load the extention from Tkinter using root.tk.eval()
> and use tk.eval to manipulate it. it should also be relatively
> straight forward to extend the Tkinter code to "wrap" TkTable.

One has already been made for the program PyDAS.

http://www.scar.utoronto.ca/~gathmann/PyDAS.html

I don't think PyDAS itself is maintained anymore, but the TkTable.py file
is in the "AuxModules" subdirectory of the archive. I believe it works.

--
Robert Kern
kern at caltech.edu

  -- Richard Harter