Tabs and spaces (style)

Mark Jackson mjackson at wc.eso.mc.xerox.com
Wed May 2 07:04:13 EDT 2001

Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> writes:

> Whoever this dude was:

> >> Because, if one uses spaces, one can alway simply indent to the level
> >> of the original programmer, but if one mixes spaces and tabs, it all falls
> >> to hell in a handbasket.
> >
> >Flagrant strawman, the quoted poster having made it quite clear that
> >s/he is talking about using tabs only.
>
> But my response wasn't to the original poster; it was to the person
> above, marked "whoever this dude was".

Another flagrant strawman.  I *said* "quoted poster," not "original
poster."  Check the thread; we were both referring to "Cantanker"
<az at cantanker.net.nospam>.

> As for the use of tabs only,
> many editors can be configured to not enter tabs, but none that I know
> of can be configured to not enter spaces.

Third flagrant strawman.

And while some newsreading clients cannot be configured to provide
attribution on quoted text, all posting editors support cut-and-paste.

	In any business model you need someone to sue.
	That's the American way.	- Bill Weinberg