Help with Tkinter and MacPython

Josh English english at spiritone.com
Tue May 29 17:07:50 EDT 2001

I am going through both Programming Python 2nd edition and Python
Annotated archives and the lessons these books have for Tkinter. I can
run the basic 'Hello World' programs, but when I click on the button,
the window doesn't close half the time. If I try to run it again I get
an error that reads: "Menu ID 256 is already in use!Fatal Python error:
Tcl/Tk panic"

I'm guessing that destroying the tk object isn't releasing the menu ID's
and it can't override a previous ID, but I can't find any information to
get around this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh English
english at spiritone.com
Visit the POV-Ray Cyclopedia: