smtp

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Mon May 14 22:55:21 EDT 2001

At 23:46 14/05/01 +0000, Vyacheslav Danovich wrote:
>Hi!
>I'm trying to write a python application that would send mass emails with
>attachments.
>SMTP does not provide attachment capability.

Please don't send mass emails please - or at least remove me from the list
:-) It's bad net behavior, unless everyone agreed to be on your
list.  Anyway, if plan to make *serious* use of this, take a look at
mimelib. Attachments in email are just this - files are sent MIME encoded
as part of the email body. There were some discussions about this a few
days ago, and some other libraries were cited also. Do a simple search on
groups.google.com on smtplib and mime and you'll find it.

Carlos Ribeiro