Socket Question

Daniel Klein danielk at aracnet.com
Wed May 30 22:11:57 EDT 2001

Just when I thought I wouldn't have to learn something else... :-)

I've been going thru the socket tutorial in Mark Lutz's PP2E (great book btw). It appears that the
buffer limit for recving data is 1k. I tried recving more and it just truncates it. Is this a
function of sockets in general or is there some setting I can tweak to force it to accept more?

I suspect I will have to code it to recv larger amounts of information in 1k (or whatever) chucks.
Is this correct?

I  can post code if that will help.

Dan