Hungarian notation (was RE: variable naming...)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue May 1 02:50:30 EDT 2001

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, John Schmitt wrote:

>I think of writing software as modelling something.  You have something out

It's certainly so.

>there in the 'real world' and you are trying to model it in your computer
>program.  If you have a cartesion coordinate like this:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 23:47:04 GMT, "Tom" <NoSpam at NoSpam.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Yes, I find 'hungarian' notation quite useful too, but it seems to be
>> >associated with MS and is frowned upon.  Too bad.
>> >Tom.

Probably, hungarian notation is useful for local vars,
for example, I;d rather write:

for i in range(100):

or

for c in "my string":

-- but these are very limited uses, and probably not even hungarian any
more.

>> Yes, theres a lot of "hate by conviction" rather than
>> "hate by logic" ! ;)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Tuesday, May 01, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/