Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

Brian {Hamilton Kelly} bhk at dsl.co.uk
Wed May 23 03:37:19 EDT 2001

In article <3B0B2BB3.678F9142 at spamerozlsspammaps.invalid>
           spammapsglenzirmapsspammaps at spamerozlsspammaps.invalid "Ian" writes:

> Satisfy your lackadaisacal curiosity by posting SEPARATE queries to each
> ng - why assume that anybody is interested in the activities of some
> other language group, when there are hundreds of languages out there?
> Don't be so bloody lazy!

Yes, I agree: this is the first time I've ever seen something
cross-posted which would be more appropriate multi-posted.

We've already seen the deleterious effects, with a ProGrapher posting his
reponse back to the ten or so groups --- those of us in Rexx don't want
to know about standardization moves in other languages, and vice versa.

The original poster should also have set Followup-To: poster, and then he
would have gotten all his replies by e-mail without us all having to
suffer unnecessary and inappropriate traffic.  (He should, of course,
have said in his posting that he had done so, and also offered to
summarize his findings back to the groups afterwards.)

Please EVERYONE: either ignore this thread, or if you do have
information, mail it to the person asking, instead of posting a follow-up
in these groups.  If he didn't provide a valid e-mail address, then
that's his tough shit --- he shouldn't expect everyone to do his home-
work for him anyway.

--
Brian {Hamilton Kelly}                                          bhk at dsl.co.uk
    "We have gone from a world of concentrated knowledge and wisdom to one of