Problems with py2exe and Windows NT service (in Python)

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Fri May 4 21:14:58 EDT 2001

Arnold Weis wrote:

[trying to make a standalone of a service]

>Does anyone have an idea how this can be fixed? Or is it generally
>impossible to convert a Python NT-service to a standalone Windows
>program?

At the moment, the only thing that works (I think) is using
Tools/freeze, and having a compiler and the source for the Win32
extensions.

>Will McMillans installer be able to do that?

Not yet. I've started poking around at it (and COM servers, too),
since it looks like I'll need both those capabilities.

- Gordon