floor() function and mathematical integers

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Thu May 31 01:57:34 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.991273606.19244.python-list at python.org>,
Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:
>[Aahz]
>>
>> <sigh>  The version of doctest that I'm currently using only works under
>> 2.x, so my 1.5.2 testing has been largely ad hoc.
>
>Hmm.  Can't say I care about whether it (doctest or decimal) runs under
>1.5.2, but don't recall doing anything to break it (doctest) there.  Ah --
>Eric converted all the library modules to use string methods.  Yet another
>reason to forget 1.5.2 <wink>.

Maybe that would be best, but when I convert to C, it's *definitely* not
going to support anything other than whatever's the most current
release, so I figured I'd give the 1.5.2 folks a feature-gimme and
convince them to upgrade for performance.  ;-)

>> I can't wait for Cowlishaw to release his platform-neutral test cases.
>
>Would daily nagging help?  I haven't harassed anyone famous in weeks.

Well, not while he's on vacation.

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Characters exist to suffer, you know.  An author needs a little sadism
in her makeup."  --Brenda Clough