A select question

Victor Muslin victor at prodigy.net
Mon May 14 20:09:37 EDT 2001

Some more info.

After some experimentation it appears that the number of socket
objects allowed in select is around 64. This seems to correspond to
FD_SETSIZE pre-processor constant defined in winsock2.h.

However, in C or C++ it is possible to redefine FD_SETSIZE before
including winsock2.h. Is it possible to do something similar in Python
to wait for data on more than 64 sockets at a time? If not, how does
one write a server in Python that can have more than 64 concurrent
connections?

TIA.