is zope a good choice for prototyping?

LeoDeBeo leodebeo at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 03:44:30 EDT 2001

for a few web-pages, zope is overkill
it is a nice tool to create sites with many stakeholders: content
providers, web developers, graphics artist can work at the same time doing
their work for the site and zope forces them not to interfere with each
other. So if you know that your site is going to be biiiiiiig and you don't
want maintenace problems in the future, you should learn to use Zope
for complicated web applications you may be benifiting from an application
server like Enhydra (although quite a steep learning curve). It is more
suitable for developing and deploying web applications (java apps and
servlets that can connect to a database). Enhydra gives you a web
application framework like, for instance, qt gives you a gui application
framework. that is to say: a collection of pre-build classes and components
that you can customize to build your own applciations.