How to get Tix widgets to work on Win 32

Robert Roy rjroy at takingcontrol.com
Wed May 16 22:28:46 EDT 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001 03:41:56 GMT, rjroy at takingcontrol.com (Robert Roy)
wrote:

>I would like to use the TIX module that is part of lib-tk.
>
>What do I have to do to enable it on Windows? The included version of
>tcl does not have the dlls or the tcl library files for TIX. I have
>downloaded a binary build of TIX from sourceforge but do not know
>where to install it nor what other extension if any I need to build.
>
>Bob

Installing Tix wigets on windows win32

I finally got it worked out. I will post the answer to myself so there
is some record of a way to do this.

I downloaded the appropriate binary distribution from the links
provided on tix.sourceforge.net

I ran the installer and had it install in some temp directory

My python 2.1 intallation is in c:\Python21

I copied the tix8.1 directory to  c:\Python21\tcl \
I copied the tix8183.dll to c:\Python21\

Voila, not too hard but not obvious either.

Bob