Where O Where Did My Data Buffer Go?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Thu May 3 01:21:44 EDT 2001

On Wed, 2 May 2001 23:51:24 -0500, "Chris Gonnerman"
<chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.988865173.6458.python-list at python.org>:

:I have been corresponding with Ben on this and I think everyone else
:would find a clarification of the problem useful.
:
:As I understand it, when the end user visits KBB via the framed page,
:KBB gets a "callback" URL as part of the request.  At some point in the
:future KBB's web server will call Ben's server via that URL and send
:some arbitrary data.  This does not appear to be directly related to the
:end user's experience.

So, that "callback" URL should be a link to Ben's CGI script, yes?

:Ben is trying to catch the data being sent and do something with it
:(presently, email it to himself).

Ben should probably try doing something like this:

Frame the KBB page, and make it so that the "callback" URL is a link to some
script in his web server's cgi-bin, and make the contents of the script be
something like this:

import cgi

# instantiate form
form = cgi.FieldStorage()

# print HTML Header
print "Content-type: text/html\n"
print "<HTML><Head><Title>Test Page</Title></Head><Body>\n"

# setting up to print form contents
print "<br><h2>Here are the form contents:</h2>"
print "<br>"

# print form contents
for field in form.keys():
    print field, " = ", form[field].value, "<br>"

# print closing remarks
print "<br><br>"
print "That's all she wrote!<br>"

# print closing HTML tags
print "</body></HTML>"

If this doesn't work, I would sure like to know why.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/