Passing environment variable to HTTP server

William Park parkw at better.net
Tue May 8 19:18:17 EDT 2001

When I send a request to CGI script, the browser sends environment
variables, such as HTTP_REFERER, HTTP_USER_AGENT, etc.  How can I modify
the environment variables that are sent to CGI script?

Eg. if remote CGI script only responds to Netscape (from
HTTP_USER_AGENT), but I would still like to browse and download using
Python script.

--William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
  8 CPU cluster, (Slackware) Linux, Python, LaTeX, vim, mutt