best language for 3D manipulation over web ?

Gavin Coates gavcoates at btinternet.com
Thu May 31 18:58:27 EDT 2001

Ok, two points, many people frown upon people that post to multiple groups,
dont do it. Also why did u post a question on java in a C++ newsgroup?. Well
despite this I will answer your question, but wether you have already
recieved an answer or ever check this forum again I do not know...

The answer to all your prayers is a technology called "WildTangent" (
www.wildtangent.com ) It is a technology that allows websites to embed 3D
applets into the site, using DirectX for hardware rendering. The technology
consists of an API that can be accessed from almost any web-based language,
ie Java, Javascript, Visual Basic and C++, and interfaces with directx to
provide 3D multimedia. To view the final website the user requires a plugin,
which is only 100k i think. I have never actually used it myself, i started
downloading the SDK but never finished it. I have however seen a few demos
of the technology in action, and it is very impressive.

I recommned you check it out..

--
Regards,

Gavin Coates