vertical printing in PIL

Rick Pasotto rickp at telocity.com
Mon May 7 15:59:24 EDT 2001

Recently Fredrik Lundh posted some to rotate the font in PIL and thus
give vertical printing. When I run the code I get the following
traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "mktxtgif.py", line 29, in ?
    draw.text((10,10),'HELP',vff)
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/PIL/ImageDraw.py", line 147, in text
    ink, fill = self._getink(fill)
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/PIL/ImageDraw.py", line 73, in _getink
    ink = self.im.draw_ink(ink)
AttributeError: __int__

Is there something defective with my setup?

--
Without having traveled a great deal, I have seen countries in
which people think that agriculture can make no progress unless