GNU/Linux vs. Windows as Python platform

Boudewijn Rempt boudewijn at tryllian.com
Mon May 28 08:01:35 EDT 2001

Paul Boddie wrote:
 happens!

> Anyway, it would be interesting to hear what kind of Python modules
> exist to make these frameworks available to UNIX-based Python
> developers.

You can use dcop from Python (and c, java and perl) already, if you install
the kdebindings package. You're right that more of the object model of all
KDE applications should be made available through dcop. I think that will
happen when there are more useful clients, such as kgesture (which
recognizes mouse gestures and can link them to dcop commands).

--
Boudewijn | http://www.valdyas.org