Design-by-Committee

Michal Spalinski mspal at lech.fuw.edu.pl
Wed May 2 17:51:46 EDT 2001

Steve Cooper <stevencooper at isomedia.com> writes:

> When the quantity of double-underscore tags in typical Python scripts starts
> approaching the number of dollar signs in typical Perl scripts that's when I
> jump onto Ruby, or whatever the next great hope will be. :-)

An alternative scenario would be to stick to Python 1.5.2. If the current
rush to change the core language continues then perhaps one day some group
of individuals will take on the task of maintaining the libraries that came
with 1.5.2: i.e. fix bugs that have come to light since 1.5.2 was released
and "port" any new libraries which appear in the "evolving" Python.