wanted. english word.

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed May 30 07:50:19 EDT 2001

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 03:53:50PM +1000, Delaney, Timothy wrote:
| > "Delaney, Timothy" wrote:
| > >
| > > The hourglass is what is (or used to be) used for the mouse cursor.
| >
| > On the Mac it's usually a wristwatch - with
| > spinning hands if you want it animated.
|
| Bah - silly me. Of course it is. Or it's a spinning beach ball.
|
| Been using Windoze for too long ... been a while since I've used my Mac for
| much :( Need a newer one to run MacOS X.

Nah, just get OpenBSD (or is it FreeBSD?) -- it's the same kernel.  I
don't actually know what hardware requirements the *BSD's have, but I
know Linux will run on any M68K with a PMMU or any PPC machine :-).

Isn't it a little ridiculous to spend cpu time updating an animated
wristwatch/whatever on the screen instead of putting all available
power into comleting the task?  I guess on an unstable system it is
warranted, however ;-).

-D