Where O Where Did My Data Buffer Go?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Thu May 3 09:21:05 EDT 2001

On Thu, 03 May 2001 03:38:14 -0700, Ben Ocean <zope at thewebsons.com> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <mailman.988886465.1652.python-list at python.org>:

:But then, I need to be able to make it so the visitor can
:click a link and send that data to the client or call up a printable page
:with the data. So, how can I re-call my script and pass the data back, or
:somehow keep the data from the first call? Here's my broken code (notice
:variable *dataOriginal*):

Here's a thought...I wonder if this would work?

Use Python modules (os ?) to create a unique filename to save the data from
the first script. Have the first script print a page, where the form action on
the resulting HTML page has the name of the file in the Form's ACTION tag. You
could use the PATH_INFO environment variable to pass this info to the script.

I think that would work.

Mind you, you need to do all kinds of error testing and security checking on
cgi scripts, and on this one I would definitely do some checking of some type.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/