newbie problem with urllib.urlopen

Wendelin Auer wa at net-federation.de
Wed May 23 03:11:08 EDT 2001

> Probably the server (?) which handles insertion of embedded
> code makes < from < and so on?
> (Because urlopen returns EXACTLY what web-server gives.
>
> Why not just use SSI if it's a web-server?

I'm parsing an ordinary ascii-textfile with no embedded code inside.
somewhere the <, > etc. is transformed. I hope, it's no what the server
gives...

The server where python is running is a 'black box', no configuration. But
even if SSI is enabled, how to get the code per SSI from a different Server?
Is this possible (absolute url)?

Aren't there any modules to turn the code back to ascii?