Python IRC?

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Wed May 23 01:58:52 EDT 2001

Rikard Bosnjakovic <bos at hack.org> writes:

> Timothy Rue wrote:
>
> > Is there a python irc channel somewhere?
>
> There is. On OpenProject (irc.openproject.net), IRCNet and EFnet there
> is a python-channel. And thanks to Erno Kuusela there is a link-bot (ry)
> between these the networks, so no matter which net you join, all people
> on the three nets will see what you write.

Oh dear... that was a mistake.

Timothy Rue is an annoying net.kook who used to (and possibly still
does) cause no end of annoyance on Amiga newsgroups with his
blathering about his own ridiculous programming system (VIC), his
delusions of importance and his conspiracy theories.

<http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/> - describes himself as
"Affectionately known as the Catalyst or Catalyzer of forward moving
change" and says that "many present a picture of me that is a
dishonest fabrication, in order to deny who I really am, both to
themselves and in attempt to get others to follow their denial"

<http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/vic-intro.html> - introduction to
the VIC (complete with mystical pictogram and psychobabble reminiscent
of Scientology)

Ben.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.