Which book can be translated?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at bt.com
Thu May 24 09:50:18 EDT 2001

limodou wrote:
> I'm learning Python now, and I want to introduce it to my friends. But
> many friends of mine know English little, so I wish to translate
> Python books. But I don't know which book can be translated without
> the trouble of copyright.

You can translate the web version of my tutor, I already
have Spanish, Portuguese and German versions with Slovak
in progress(allegedly). All I ask is accreditation as
original author and a copy to put on the master site.

The book is owned[*] by Addison Wesley so can't be translated
without their say so, but the web version is owned by me...

Alan G
http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld

[*]
Technically they own the copyright and all international
rights.