How to distribute Python COM applications?

Markus von Ehr mvonehr at web.de
Thu May 17 13:20:26 EDT 2001

Hi Hung,

I did a Standalone version of my program, using win32com
extensions. I use BeOpenPython2.0 and the extensions by Mark Hammond.
I use Gordon McMillans Installer 3j, be careful about the gencache
problem:

Gordon MacMillan told me a solution that finally worked:
In the frozen version I have a gen_py/ directory holding a file called:
__init__.py. My import section looks like this:

import win32com, os.path
win32com.__gen_path__ = os.path.abspath(´.´) + "\\gen_py"
import win32com.client.dynamic

Have fun,

Markus