Tabs and spaces (style)

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue May 1 23:10:10 EDT 2001

>Your actions are inconsistent with your reasoning. If there is a
>never-ending war, why enforce an action that only serves to fan flames?

Because, if one uses spaces, one can alway simply indent to the level
of the original programmer, but if one mixes spaces and tabs, it all falls
to hell in a handbasket. I know, you say "emacs," but emacs requires that
everyone else be using emacs, too (emacs quite happily sunders prior
tab levels, enforcing it's own draconian standard), and that's even worse
than the tab war, believe me.

Of course, one of my first rules is "don't reindent my program, or I will
kill you".

:-)

C//