Jython questions

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Tue May 29 18:45:41 EDT 2001

(have you heard of the jython-users list?)

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 02:32:01AM +0000, Ron Stephens wrote:
| Are there any good Jython documentation or help files on the web or in
| book form?

jython.sourceforge.net
www.python.org/docs

| My problem is in using the jythonc compiler. I get error messages,
when
| trying to compile my python/jython scripts into Java applets, like
| "could not find java class file" or "use -C/--complier switch form
| command line"
|
| My scripts do not use any python libraries nor any Java classes, just
| simple Python standard language.

Ok, that's easy enough to start with.  Even though you don't
explicitly use any Java classes you are using Jython, which is all
Java classes.  Do you have jython.jar in the CLASSPATH when you run
jythonc?

If that doesn't solve the problem could you include the exact command
line that you used when invoking jythonc and the exact error message
(cut-n-paste into your mailer)?

HTH,
-D