Tabs and spaces (style)

Mark Jackson mjackson at wc.eso.mc.xerox.com
Wed May 2 11:20:01 EDT 2001

Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> writes:
> On 2 May 2001 11:04:13 GMT, mjackson at wc.eso.mc.xerox.com (Mark Jackson) wrote:
>

> >> But my response wasn't to the original poster; it was to the person
> >> above, marked "whoever this dude was".
> >
> >Another flagrant strawman.
>
> Get over yourself.

Stop misattributing and misparaphrasing.

> >> As for the use of tabs only,
> >> many editors can be configured to not enter tabs, but none that I know
> >> of can be configured to not enter spaces.
> >
> >Third flagrant strawman.
>
> This is a straw man? I think not. Back to "argumentative terminology 101,"
> I suppose.

Will you then deign to explain how your statement applies to the
questions on the table?  Configuring an editor not to enter spaces
is hardly necessary to avoid *using* spaces in leading whitespace.
(It would also be absurd in general, since spaces are found elsewhere.)

Accusing one's opponent of not knowing "argumentative terminology"
is a nice red herring, though.

	In any business model you need someone to sue.
	That's the American way.	- Bill Weinberg