Against PEP 240

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue May 29 12:07:18 EDT 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Alex Martelli wrote:

>"Roman Suzi" <rnd at onego.ru> wrote in message
>news:mailman.991133322.15607.python-list at python.org...
>> I wonder, why at all need such things?  Are there any standard library for
>> inf-precision in current Python version?  If so, was it tested long
>> enough?
>> (If such standard library exists, please, remind me it's name. Thanks)
>
>Not sure what you mean by 'standard' in this context.  rat.py, which
>is distributed as a part of Python (in Demo\classes), for example?
>http://gmpy.sourceforge.net is faster (as it wraps GMP), but it is
>not "standard", if you mean "distributed with Python"...?

I just wanted to know if arbitrary precision floats are possible
under current Python version ('cause they are useful sometimes,
but not to such extent to replace usual floats!).

By 'standard' I mean distributed with Python.

Thanks for info on gmpy!

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Tuesday, May 29, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/