Spam handling (was Re: WWW.FNORB.COM)

Georg Lohrer GeorgLohrer at gmx.de
Thu May 24 12:05:41 EDT 2001

On 24 May 2001 07:28:06 -0700, aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:

>[posted & e-mailed]
>
>In article <gpcpgtssvprp2cdfrbm8k33fvjgujghjuh at 4ax.com>,
>Georg Lohrer  <GeorgLohrer at gmx.de> wrote:
>>On Thu, 24 May 2001 12:59:23 +0800, "Christine Hall"
>><return at trafficmagnet.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>[Unsolicited spamming snipped]

>>Abuse-mail has been sent.
>
>Doesn't do any good.  c.l.py runs through a news/mail gateway; this spam
>came in through the e-mail system, and there's no simple way to trace it
>back.

Yes, I've just gotten an e-mail from Emil Briggs (Baymountain)
belonging to this problem. I've not known that the mailing-list is
mirrored to the newsgroup, I just wondered a little bit about the long
header of the spam-message. Scrutinizing it brings up the issued
problem. So, like Emil told me, every time they cut a spammer two
others pop up.
For that reason: don't feed the trolls.

Ciao, Georg